The other day I posted my ‘Top Ten Tips for Artists’ on the Artjunky facebook page, and it generated quite a response, so I thought I would also post it here. These are things to remember when you feel down or discouraged.
- Never compare yourself to other artists. What you do is unique.
- Draw to please you, not others, and be true to yourself.
- Don’t feel jealous of others apparent ‘success’, it’s rarely the true story.
- Don’t create work because you think it will sell, people will see through it.
- Take a walk every day.
- Read a book, visit a museum.
- Support other artists, we all need all the help we can get.
- Remember to eat, and drink plenty, the brain doesn’t work well without nourishment.
- Don’t be afraid of a blank page, just start drawing, the ideas will come.
- Keep a sketchbook, keep it with you, and draw every day.
If you also have some, then please post them here. Thank you
If you are interested in purchasing any original pieces, postcards and prints then please visit my ART SHOP.