What have I been doing lately? Well…
1. It’s the summer holidays, so am trying to balance looking after Orla and keeping her happy and entertained, plus working and cleaning. NOT an easy thing to do, as any WAHM will tell you. I am I will admit, feeling pretty stretched at the moment and struggling to maintain any kind of routine.
2. Writers Retreat: Lots of painting (small art pieces) for the Writers’ Retreat in August (pics to come soon). Ordered lots of postcards from Moo, they will be in my shop once the show at the Retreat is over with. Very, very excited about this. There are a believe only a few tickets left, and some available for the opening evening on the Friday night, which is open to everyone, not just those attending for the whole weekend.
3. Pinterest: Opened an account on Pinterest. Rather like the immediacy of being able to pin things that I like from the web, much like Tumblr, and that people can disseminate and share. It’s easy, good fun, a great way of finding new art, sharing art, and also driving traffic to your own blog.
4. Google+: Got my Google+ invite and have been steadily building up a following there, and also following others. The jury is still out on Google+, but so far I like it. It has some very good features and time will tell whether it becomes a serious contender against Facebook.
5. Facebook: My following on there continues to grow, which is very satisfying. It’s slow but steady and I currently have about 1,680 followers, which is not bad at all.
6. Creative West Sussex: A couple of months ago, Creative West Sussex launched properly, and I have a profile on there.
7. CCN: Katy and I decided to take a break from Chichester Creative Network as we have been working our arses off lately, and we needed some time to concentrate on ourselves. But, it will be back with lots of new articles and features soon.
8. Red Bubble: A month or two ago, I finally uploaded some images to the account on Red Bubble, but along with many other things, have not had time to promote it. Some of my favourite photographic pieces are on there, and more will be added soon.
9. Newsletter: Yep, I now have a newsletter that you can subscribe to. Also, the link is under ‘Contact’ and is down in the footer in the ‘About’ section. Don’t worry, if you sign up for it, you won’t be inundated with stuff. If I have something to say, I use my blog…that’s what it’s for. The newsletter will be for announcements, projects and new things in my shop. So…what are you waiting for?
So, that’s it for the moment. I am pretty sure I have left something out. In the meantime, I shall leave you with something pretty to look at. See you on the flipside…
If you are interested in purchasing any original pieces, postcards and prints then please visit my ART SHOP.